Sunday 11th June, Tickers Folly Field, from 12 noon
Sustainable Blewbury, with support from Blewbury Primary School PTA and the Pre-school, are celebrating the opening of Blewbury’s Community Orchard with a party – a village picnic and barbecue. There will be music from Blewbury Learner Brass Band and a range of activities for all ages.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the PTA barbecue or bring their own picnic. We will have a real ale bar (the ‘Wagon Inn’, backed by the Blewbury Wagon) serving local beers, apple juice and soft drinks. There will also be a stall selling cake using orchard and garden fruits such as apples, plums and berries.
Some of the activities planned include:
- Pre-school annual sponsored kite flying and picnic
- Tug of war
- Welly wanging
- Story teller
- Pond dipping
- Information about the orchard, local environment and other Sustainable Blewbury activities
So come along, party in the orchard and make it a great village event!
Hello again. “June is bursting out all over”! Warm sunny days and all the beautiful gardens to visit in Blewbury. Below is a list of the events during June, and all new members would be very welcome to join our happy group.
- Friday June 2nd – Craft evening at Liz’s. Call ﬁrst. 7.30pm.
- Monday June 12th – Scrabble at Babeth’s. 7.30pm.
- Wednesday June 14th – Lyn’s Walk. We have 2 walks in mind, but, as yet, haven’t decided which one to take. Both have been walked by some before and are outside the village. Meet at Blewbury Village Hall at 9am. Both walks will involve lunch at the end of the walk.
- Wednesday June 14th – Coffee at Style Acre. 10.30am.
- Friday June 23rd – Talking Science lecture at RAL Harwell: Black Holes, Science, Fact, Fiction or Fantasy. Chris Done. 1.30pm.
- Monday June 26th – visit to Manor Herb Farm. Date and time to be conﬁrmed.
- Wednesday June 28th – Wl monthly meeting. 7.30pm at the Vale Room. Speaker, Dr. Janice Kinroy: Oxford, Past and Present.
For more details of any of our events, or if you wish to join us, please ring Karen on 850219 or visit our web page, http://blewburywi.wordpress.com where you will ﬁnd more information. Love from Cilla.
A big “thank you” to everyone who has donated their Sainsburys Active Kids voucher for my girly guides, we have just a few more days to collect any remaining ones floating around!
We will be closed for the Bank Holiday on Monday 29th May. Any allowances paid on that day will be available on the Friday before. We will also be closed on Saturday 17th June as we are both unavailable that day!
First Trust Bank go live in branch sometime in June, all transactions available, also Cahoot cash deposits via your card, Halifax cheque deposits & Co Op business banking too. ToTo Smart energy top ups available from 5th June.
All Home shopping returns (marked R24 or 48) and Tracked Returns (24 or 48) all must be processed through our system in order to generate the “Certificate of Posting”, we need the weight of the parcel to start the process, so please put them on the scales when asked?
We have “Watermill & Windmill”stamps on sale in late June! We will also continue to accept any old style £5 notes, we have until October for the old £1 coins! Love from Karen & Angela