Hello again. October is almost here! The trees are showing off their lovely Autumn colours and Harvest time fast approaching. The only drawback is the evenings are drawing in to an earlier lighting up time. Following is a list of Blewbury WI events that are being held in October, and we would love to welcome all new members to join us.
- Monday 2nd Coffee at Style Acre with Karen. 10.30am.
- Tuesday 3rd Lyn’s Walk. Leave Blewbury Village Hall at 9.30am and walk to East Hagbourne and follow the newly opened Poet’s Trail round the village. There will probably be a coffee stop at the Fleur.
- Wednesday 4th Scrabble at Cilla’s. 7.30pm. Please phone first 851966
- Friday 6th Craft evening at Karen’s. 7pm – 9pm. Please phone first.
- Friday 13th RAL Talking Science lecture at Harwell 1.30pm. A is for Arsenic: the poisons of Agatha Christie. Dr. Kathryn Harkup.
- Wednesday 25th October. WI monthly meeting in The Village Hall at 7.30pm. Speaker, Tony King. A respected speaker to the WI.
- Friday 27th Abingdon Operatic Society at Abingdon School. Sister Act. 7.20pm.
- Mah Jong will restart shortly. Date to be decided.
For more details of any of our events, or if you wish to join us, please ring Karen on 850219 or visit our web page, http://blewburywi.wordpress.com where you will find more information. Love from Cilla.