Cilla is away, so you have me this month! As I write, the snow is melting, the daffs are looking hopeful, there are buds on the lilacs, my hyacinths & bluebells are popping up in the garden, and the Blewbury WI are about to have their annual meeting.
We say goodbye & thank you to Joanna, Liz & Marilyn who are retiring from the committee this time, and we will hopefully have some new committee members for the coming year, to help steer us towards trying new & exciting experiences! I know we have calligraphy, weaving and mosaic workshops planned for later this year, along with our usual walks, coffee, craft, scrabble, films, science lectures, lunch & theatre outings! Someone recently told me that the WI was for “old” ladies, I just told her we had great fun at our Bollywood dance workshop, and we are hoping to go to the Bombay Sapphire Gin distillery later this year!
We also say goodbye to Lyn Page, a former President, who is moving away, we shall all miss her very much, but send her our best wishes in her new home!
- Tuesday 3rd April, Lyn’s walk, meet at Blewbury Village hall, 9.30 am, (everyone welcome) money for coffee/lunch
- Wednesday 11th; coffee at Style Acre Tearooms, 10.30am
- Wednesday 18th, Lunch out
- Thursday 19th; Singin’ in the Rain, Abingdon
- Wednesday 25th Main meeting, Vale Room, 7.30pm, with Wine & soft drinks if preferred!
For more details of any of our events, the date of the next Coffee morning, Scrabble or Mah Jong session, or if you wish to join us, please ring Karen on 850219 or visit our webpage, http://blewburywi.wordpress.com where you will find more information. Love from Karen