Hello to everyone. Happy New Year to you all. A good start to the year, weather-wise? Blewbury WI is very pleased with the fact that we have fund raised £766 for the Resound Project in St, Michael’s Church. We are now a “1%er” and will have a mention in the book. We would love to welcome any new Members to the following events in February.
- Tuesday, February 5th Lyn’s Walk. Meet at the Village Hall at 9am. with bus passes and coffee money. An alternative walk to Didcot – coffee at Great Western Park – bus to Didcot Parkway – 94 bus back to Blewbury. Hoping for a dry day.
- Wednesday, February 6th Scrabble at Graeme’s. 7.30pm. Please ring beforehand.
- Friday, February 1st Craft evening at Liz’s. Please ring beforehand. 7pm.
- Friday, February 8th Talking Science lecture at RAL Harwell. “Let there be light” John O’ Hagan. 1.30pm.
- Monday, February 11th. Coffee at Doreen’s. 67 Ladycroft Park. Tel. 850332. 10.30am.
- Wednesday, February 27th WI Main Meeting in the Vale Room. 7.30pm. Speaker, Stewart Lindford. “The Remarkable Story of the Winsor Chair.”
- Mah Jong. Every Monday afternoon at 2.30pm. Ring Judy for details.
For more details of any of our events, or if you wish to join us, please ring Karen on 850219 or visit our web page, http://blewburywi.wordpress.com where you will find more information. Love from Cilla.