Are we still waiting for Summer? Hopefully July and August will bring us warm sunny days and lovely balmy evenings.
Blewbury Bulletin will not be issued in August; our Editor and all the volunteer workers will be having a well deserved summer break. The following list of events will be held by Blewbury WI during July and August, and any new Members will be made most welcome to join us.
- Wednesday, 3rd Lyn’s Walk. We leave the Village Hall at 9.30am for a circular walk from The Extraordinary Hare on the A417 at West Hendred. Coffee and/or a snack lunch at the finish. No Lyn’s Walk in August.
- Friday, 5th Craft Evening at Liz’s 7pm. Please ring beforehand.
- Monday, 8th Mah Jong at Cilla’s 2.30pm.
- Monday, 8th Scrabble at Graeme’s. 7.30pm. Please ring beforehand.
- Wednesday, 17th Coffee at Style Acre. 10.30am onwards.
- Wednesday, 24th Blewbury WI Main Meeting. 7.30pm in the Main Hall. Speaker, Ian Paxton -“Chillies” There are no Talking Science Lectures at RAL Harwell until September.
- Friday, 2nd Craft Evening at Liz’s 7pm. Please ring beforehand.
- Tuesday, 13th Scrabble at Judy’s. 7.30pm. Please ring beforehand.
- Thursday, 15th Coffee morning at Maggie’s. 10.30am. Please ring beforehand.
- Wednesday, 28th Blewbury WI Summer Social. Details later.
Mah Jong will be played on most Monday afternoons at 2.30pm. at different venues. Please ring Cilla (851966) or Sharon (850412) for details.
For more details of any of our events, or if you wish to join us, please ring Cilla on 851966 or visit our web page, http://blewburywi.wordpress.com where you will find more information. Love from Cilla.