The British Council International School Award was started in 1999 to recognise the schools leading the way in instilling and developing a global dimension into the learning experience of all children and young people.
Blewbury School has been part of this development continuously since its conception, it encourages and supports schools to develop:
* An international ethos embedded throughout the school
* A majority of pupils within the school impacted by and involved in international work
* Collaborative curriculum-based work with a number of partner schools
* Curriculum-based work across a range of subjects
* Year-round international activity
* Involvement of the wider community
We are really proud to announce that at the British Council presentation in November it was both confirmed and celebrated that we are the only school in the United Kingdom ( or other countries in the world that take part), that have received this award six times.
In the spirit of this award we are hosting two Spanish teachers this week from a school in Cáceres, Spain, which three of us visited during the October break. We are sharing both ethos and the development of learning including a joint staff meeting about mindfulness.