Blewbury Parish Council Minutes 10th April 2019

Minutes of the Blewbury Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 10th April 2019 at 7pm in the Vale Room of the Village Hall.

In attendance:- Cllr Chris Lakeland (CL/Chair), Liz Cooper (EC/Clerk), Cllr Jane Gibson (JG), David Hollick (Lengthman), Cllr David Lomas (DL), Cllr David Shayler (DL), Cllr Mark Blythe (MB)
  1. Apologies for absence

Cllrs Lydia Inglis, Charlotte Cameron, Miriam Jacobs, Michael Penington, Mike Fox-  Davies, Reg Waite, Janet Shelley, PCSO G Kirby

  1. To record declarations of interests relating to this meeting

None declared.

  1. To approve the following minutes:-

Parish Council meeting held on 13th March 2019

Minutes were approved by the council.

  1. To receive the County Councillor’s report

  None provided.

  1. To receive District Councillor’s report

None provided.

  1. To receive PCSOs report

None provided.

  1. To receive the Lengthman’s report

Report included below.

DH to carry out monthly electricity meter readings and send to            Clerk.

DH reported that the Ferris lawn mower would be in need of         replacement this year.

Cost new c£7.5k+. However, the current machine was purchased second-hand for £1500 4-5 years ago. The council agreed in principle that a second-hand model should be purchased when required. DH to look out for a second-hand model and report back     to the PC.

DH reported that football team would no longer be using the clubhouse facilities, which means these facilities will be further under used. DH to arrange storage of equipment as necessary. The cricket club may be carrying on for this season.

DH also reported on the waste pipe situation (see 11 below).

  1. Open Forum

No members of the public were present.

  1. 9. Matters arising

Matters arising from the previous meeting and actions recorded as cleared or carried forward accordingly.

The Clerk reported that she had spoken to the play area inspector who should have visited in February, but had Blewbury down for June. The inspector agreed to come back with a date in the next two weeks.

MB reported that some villagers had expressed an interest in reducing speed through the village, when they could give their time to it.

MB reported that the Bessels Way footpath by two new houses – to be re-gravelled.

Watery Lane footpath – JG awaiting information from Cllr J Shelley. JG to forward  email to Clerk.

CL had reminded the Tennis Club to apply for their own S106 contributions.

CL reported that he is unable to transfer funds from the Santander current account to the deposit account online. Online banking/authorisations to be looked at with the new council.

CL reported that the road signs at the Aston Tirrold turning were coming to the top of  the list to be actioned as they are in the County Council’s April Budget.

  1. Village hall refurbishment

CL reported that a pre-tender estimate of £460k + VAT from Ridge & Partners was considered too high. Expectations are c£400 inc VAT. Grants are still to be applied for.

An open meeting to discuss the refurbishment will be held on Sunday 28th April in the village hall.

  1. Recreation Ground

The lengthman reported that all was well with the recreation ground, the Clubhouse and its operations. This is with the exception of drain problems which are ongoing as so far this has proved difficult to rectify, but the CIC must address with outside contractor help. It was suggested that yellow hatching could be introduced between the car park and the Clubhouse, together with clear signs that no parking (other than deliveries and emergency access) should be outside of the car park area. To be discussed between the new council and CIC.

  1. Planning & Housing

12.1 To receive the planning committee report

JG covered this in the absence of LI.

12.2 To approve responses to current applications

12.2.1 P19/V0714/FUL Downside Farm, Woodway Road, Blewbury (deadline 17.4.19)

The PC voted ‘no objections’ to this application.

12.2.2 P19/V0657/LB Millbrook Cottage, Berry Lane, Blewbury. Install a residential mains gas connection to an outbuilding of the property (deadline 25.4.19).

The PC voted ‘no objections’ to this application.

  1. Finance & Administration

13.1 To receive any update on S106 contributions.

CL noted that S106 contributions had concluded, but a new CIL payment (based on square footage of new developments) with 25% be paid to the PC by the District Council (based on having a neighbourhood plan). For use by the PC for the benefit of the village and its amenities.

13.2 To approve payments in table below, to be made under ancillary powers and within budgeted amounts. 

PAYMENTS – February

Santander

Description / Power to spend Amount inc VAT
E Cooper & D Hollick Clerk and Lengthman salary and expenses £1589.44
NEST Clerk’s Pension (March 2019) paid £56.35
HMRC PAYE January, February, March 2019 £780.63
BT Payment Services Ltd Clubhouse line rental March 2019 DD £31.08
Biffa Waste Services Ltd Waste services March 2019 by DD £83.22
Public Works Loan Board Loan repayment to be debited 29.4.19 £4732.50
Blewbury Village Hall Exec Man Committee Room bookings April 2018 – March 2019 + £44 contribution to Autumn Leaves room bookings (paid, to be ratified). £104.00
Oxfordshire County Council

Radar Survey 12.11.2018

(Paid to be ratified)

£240.00

 

Lister Wilder Parts & Supplies (Paid to be ratified) £53.67
Community First Oxfordshire

Membership Fee

(Paid to be ratified)

£70.00
Downland Villages Transport Group Charitable grant. £400.00
Total   £8140.89

 

 

PAYMENTS – February / Barclays

Description / Power to spend Amount inc VAT
Ridge and Partners LLP Blewbury Village Hall Alterations – Continued professional services inc. detailed designs, draft tender document & pre-tender estimate. £8400.00

 

All payments were approved by the council.

13.3 To note major receipts made during March

RECEIPTS

Description Amount
28.3.19. Ashes interment. £210.00

 

  1. Risk Management

14.1 To receive an update on GDPR compliance to date.

No update this month.

14.2 To receive an update on the Parish Council Election.

It was noted that due to an error on one nomination paper, together with one new nomination, that the council had 9 successful nominations and therefore no election was required.

  1. To receive an update on any issues relating to the Environment

15.1 To receive a report from Sustainable Blewbury if available.

Sustainable Blewbury were grateful to the resident who reduced the level lighting on  their gatepost following a request from the council.

15.2 To receive an update if available on the wall adjoining the Watery Lane footpath.

See 9. above.

  1. To receive an update on any issues relating to Footways, Footpaths, rights of way  and open spaces

DH had sorted out the overgrowth (as far as possible) on the Morton footpath.

JG & CL met with Belway who had verbally agreed to join their path from the children’s playground in Chailey Gardens through to the footpath and also to put in a hoggin path for pedestrian access to Bridus Way. Awaiting confirmation in writing from Belway.

  1. To receive an update on any issues relating to roads, road safety and public transport

To receive any update available on the Oxford Cambridge expressway group.

No update this month.

  1. Village Hall Management Committee. To receive an update from the most recent

VHMC meeting. No update this month.

  1. Asset of Community Value Renewals. To receive an update on the renewal of ACV  for the Red Lion.

It was confirmed that this application had been turned down.

  1. Correspondence

20.1 Items requesting a reply & consultations

20.1.1 To receive an update on the BlewShed progress in the Scout Hut if  available.

BlewShed was progressing with alterations inside the Scout Hut.

20.1.1 Watery Lane wall DC response

Awaiting response from the DC (see 9 above).

20.2 Items for information that have been circulated

None this month.

  1. To set the date of the next meeting of the PC

Annual Meeting of the Parish Council Wednesday 8th May 7.30pm.

 The meeting closed at 8.40pm. 

 

Action points from this meeting:-

No. Action / Who When
1 DH to carry out monthly electricity meter readings and send to Clerk. End of each month
2 DH to look out for second-hand Ferris & report back to PC. Ongoing
3 Play area annual inspection  
4 JG to forward email (J Shelley) to Clerk to action. ASAP
     

 

Action points from previous meetings:-

No. Actions arising from this meeting Target Date
1. Clerk to contact previous inspector re annual playground inspections Actioned
2. DH, MP, DL to set a date to clear banks of the Cleve. Ongoing
3. JG to send second letter to household where vegetation is encroaching road Cancelled
4. CL/JG to put together information on Watery Lane wall to date and forward to District Council for advice. Actioned
5. CL move towards clubhouse running costs transferred from BPC to CIC. June meeting
6. CL to remind tennis club of its contribution to the recreation ground as per lease. Actioned
7. CL to remind tennis club to apply for on S106 contributions. Actioned
8. CL to action transfer of funds from Santander current account to deposit account to create ‘Black Swan reserve of £10,000. Ongoing
9. Clerk to email confirmation of appointment of Kevin Rose as internal auditor. Actioned
     
No. Actions arising from meeting 13.2.19 Target Date
2. CL/PC to give further consideration to white gates at three entrances to village in new financial year. Ongoing
4. DH & MP offered their help in the refurbishment of the sign/artwork at the Cleeve Ongoing
8. CL to request activation of VH CCTV be brought forward. Ongoing

 

 

Lengthman’s Report

March 2019 

Much busier this month with grass cutting well under way.

Blewshed had now been allocated an area in the Scout hut and have started work on the dividing wall. They will be installing their own electricity meter once electrics are finished.

All equipment is in service, although the Ferris is only just keeping going with a significant oil loss every time it is used.

Cemetery is looking good with lots of spring flowers.

Play areas are also in good condition except for the fencing around the skate park, which needs repairing. New posts are in stock.

Having spoken to the Blewbury Football Club organizer this week it would seem that this may be their last season as interest has dropped off considerably and they are having problems getting a team together. Shame.

The Cricket Club will also only be using the pitch minimally this season by all accounts.

Have a good Easter

Regards

David