Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held at 7.30pm on Wednesday 13th March 2019 in the Vale Room of the Village Hall.

Councillors present:- Mr C Lakeland (Chair), Miss E Cooper (Clerk), Mrs J Gibson (JG), Ms M Jacobs (MJ), Mrs L Inglis (LI), Mr M Shayler (MS), Mr M Pennington (MP), Mr D Lomas (MD), Mr M Blythe (MB), Mr D Hollick (DH)
No. Actions arising from this meeting Target Date
1. Clerk to contact previous inspector re annual playground inspections April meeting
2. DH, MP, DL to set a date to clear banks of the Cleve. April meeting
3. JG to send second letter to household where vegetation is encroaching road April meeting
4. CL/JG to put together information on Watery Lane wall to date and forward to District Council for advice. April meeting
5. CL move towards clubhouse running costs transferred from BPC to CIC. June meeting
6. CL to remind tennis club of its contribution to the recreation ground as per lease. April meeting
7. CL to remind tennis club to apply for on S106 contributions. April meeting
8. CL to action transfer of funds from Santander current account to deposit account to create ‘Black Swan reserve of £10,000. April meeting
9. Clerk to email confirmation of appointment of Kevin Rose as internal auditor. April meeting
10. LI to write annual planning report Complete
11. LI to submit BPC’s response to the Oxfordshire councils’ 2050 Strategic plan. Complete
No. Actions arising from meeting 13.2.19 Target Date
2. CL/PC to give further consideration to white gates at three entrances to village in new financial year. Ongoing
4. DH & MP offered their help in the refurbishment of the sign/artwork at the Cleeve Ongoing
8. CL to request activation of VH CCTV be brought forward. Ongoing

 

No. Actions arising from meeting 12.12.18 Target Date
2. Informed decision required on speed data – Cllr MF-D ASAP
4. Cllr MF-D to chase repair of signpost at junction of Aston Tirrold turn with road out of Blewbury. ASAP

 

No. Actions arising from meeting 16.01.19 Target Date
3. Building of BBQ area at TFF (MS) March meeting
4. Clerk to request risk assessment for Boxing Day walk (requested 18.12.18 & 4.2.19) Clerk to contact Susie G.

 

  1. Apologies for absence

Mrs C Cameron, Cllr M Fox-Davies

  1. Declarations of interests relating to this meeting

The Chair declared an interest in a payment (see below).

  1. Approve previous minutes:-

Parish Council meeting held on 13th February 2019. The minutes were approved by the PC and signed by the Chair.

  1. County Councillor’s report

None provided.

  1. District Councillor’s report

None provided.

  1. To receive PCSOs report

See report below.

  1. Lengthman’s report

See report below.

DH also noted that the annual play area inspection was due. Clerk to contact last year’s contractor and arrange.

DH to arrange with MP & MB to set a date to clear the banks of the Cleve.

  1. Open Forum

No members of the public were present.

  1. Matters arising

All actions were cleared except those noted in the table above.

JG to send a further letter to the resident whose vegetation needs cutting back from the road.

CL & JG to gather information to date on Watery Lane wall & forward to the District Council for advice.

  1. Village hall refurbishment

The Chair reported that c£1000 would be needed to pay for new building regulations following the upcoming tender exercise.

  1. Recreation Ground

11.1 Clubhouse

A brief update was given by DH & CL. Problems continue with waste pipes, which CL will ask CIC to sort out with a drains contractor. Otherwise the running of the clubhouse is going well. Council resolved to move towards all running costs being paid for by CIC and not BPC.

11.2 Tennis Club

CL to remind the tennis club of its contribution to the recreation grounds as per its lease with BPC.

  1. Planning & Housing

         12.1 Planning committee report

LI to produce an annual report for the APM.

12.2 Approve responses to current applications

12.2.1 P19/V0366/FUL Blewbury Village Hall refurbishment (deadline 7.3.19)

BPC voted ‘no objections’ to this application.

12.2.2 P19/V0512/FUL Installation of floodlights to Blewbury tennis courts. Recreation Ground,   Bohams Road (deadline 25.3.19).

BPC voted ‘no objections’ to this application.

12.2.3 P19/V0517/LB and P19/S0644/LB Timber frame repair to Blewbury Mill, Blewbury Road  (deadline 29.3.19).

BPC voted ‘no objections’ to this application.

  1. Finance & Administration

13.1 Update on S106 contributions.

MS had provided two quotes for the supply of gravel to the TFF car park. BPC agreed that remedial work on the car park was required and agreed in principle to accept the lower of the two quotes.

The Chair to remind the tennis club to apply for their own S106.

13.2 To approve payments in table below, to be made under ancillary powers and within budgeted amounts. All payments approved at the meeting. 

PAYMENTS – February

Santander

Description / Power to spend Amount inc VAT
E Cooper & D Hollick Clerk and Lengthman salary and expenses £831.52
NEST Clerk’s Pension (January 2019) paid, to be ratified. £44.61
NEST Clerk’s Pension (February 2019) £44.61
Chris Lakeland Supply & fit of new LED PIR floodlights at Scout Hut by Hammond Electrical on 21.2.19. Invoice paid by CL. £96.00
Stephen White Blewbury Village Hall Planning Application fee, paid to be ratified £137.00
BT Payment Services Ltd Clubhouse line rental February 2019 £31.08
OALC Annual Subscription 2019-2020 £325.54
Community First Oxfordshire Membership 2019 £70.00
ICO Data Protection Fee (expires 21.3.19) £35.00
OPFA Annual membership 1.4.19-31.3.20 £42.00
Biffa Waste Services Ltd Waste services February 2019 by DD £66.58
Dawson Landscape Services Repair of fence at village hall. £1343.51
Miss M Taylor Clerk support services £122.06
Total £3189.51

 

 

PAYMENTS – February / Barclays Description / Power to spend Amount inc VAT
Ridge and Partners LLP Blewbury Village Hall Alterations – Continued professional services inc. Proposed detailed designs £4200.00

 

13.3 To note major receipts made during February

RECEIPTS Description Amount
None during February.

 

13.4 To agree outgoing donation requests

BPC agreed that no further donations would be made, as previously agreed donations (two – CAB and Be Free Young Carers) had already been made during the year.

13.5 To agree movement of money from Santander Business Account to Deposit Account

BPC agreed to the movement of funds from the Santander current account to the deposit account as detailed below. The Chair to action transfer of funds.

Deposit account as at 28.2.19 £2856.74 To create Black Swan reserve in deposit account of c£10,000 by transferring c£7143.26 from business account. c£7143.26

 

13.6 Appointment of an internal auditor for 2018/19.

BPC agreed to engage the same auditor as last year, Kevin Rose, to carry out the internal audit. Clerk to email Mr Rose to confirm.

13.7 Appointment of Clerk

The Chair informed the meeting that the Clerk had successfully completed her probationary period and was confirmed in post.

  1. Risk Management

14.1 Update on the progress of our Emergency Plan and SSE communities funded items. This item now closed.

14.2 Update on GDPR compliance to date.

No update this month.

14.3 Election Planning – dates and actions to be taken.

The Chair reminded councillors present to complete their nomination forms and hand them to the Clerk asap. The window for receipt of nominations at the Council offices on Milton Park is 26.3.18 – 3.4.18 (4pm). Nominations MUST be hand delivered. CL confirmed that one new person had talked to him about submitting a nomination.

  1. Update on any issues relating to the Environment

         15.1 Report from Sustainable Blewbury if available.

No report received.

MB offered to call on the residents of Linnets as their new drive lights were considered to be too bright   for a dark village.

15.2 Update if available on the wall adjoining the Watery Lane footpath.   See 9 above.

15.3 Update on the repair of the fence in the village hall car park.

The Clerk confirmed this work is to take place on 21 & 22 March.

  1. Update on any issues relating to Footways, Footpaths, rights of way and open spaces

None not already covered elsewhere in minutes.

  1. Update on any issues relating to roads, road safety and public transport

17.1 Update available on the Oxford Cambridge expressway group.

LI has submitted freedom of information requests to both the Vale and OCC in order to gather details of how councillors have influenced central government policy on planning, housing and the proposed Expressway route. This action was taken in response to a generic, unspecific reply from Ian Hudspeth (OCC) to BPC’s letter of 17 December 2018.

17.2 Update on whether further actions need to be taken following the speeding report for Blewbury.

No further update, unless an action group from the village sets up a ‘Community Speedwatch’ scheme which will be supported by TVP and could attract funding. No further action from PC.

  1. Village Hall Management Committee. Update from the most recent VHMC meeting.

  The Village Hall Management Committee held it’s AGM on 25th February 2019, existing committee re-elected and financial status healthy.

  1. Asset of Community Value Renewals. Update on the renewal of ACV for the Red Lion.

         Awaiting response.

  1. Correspondence

20.1 Items requesting a reply & consultations

20.1.1 Update on the BlewShed proposal for the Scout Hut if available.

BlewShed were putting in place all relevant requirements in order to operate from the Scout Hut.  A discussion had taken place with DH & CL as to the accommodation and work required (i.e. more  secure front door, electricity meter).

20.1.2 BPC response to the Oxfordshire 2050 plan

LI to put together BPCs response for all to comment. Deadline for comments 25.3.19.

20.2 Items for information that have been circulated

Nothing significant to report.

  1. Website Correspondence and Uploads on PC section

 All up to date by end of February 2019.

  1. To set the date of the next meeting of the PC

22.1 Annual Parish Meeting, held jointly with the BVS, Wednesday 3rd April 2019 7.30pm.

22.2 Parish Council Meeting Wednesday 10th April 7.30pm.

 

 

PCSO

Please accept and pass on my apologies for not being able to attend the Parish meeting.

In general crime in the Village remains low with only one of note which was a theft of tools from a vehicle at the beginning on February.

Please see below regarding other issues across the area that are worth a mention and to be aware of.

Burglary: Burglary remains a priority for Thames Valley Police and patrols continue in targeted areas. Over the last month we have seen a decrease in residential burglaries but have had two reports of sheds and garages broken into and push bikes stolen. Please remember to secure all bikes and consider extra security such as lighting, shed alarms etc which can be purchased very cheaply online. Also consider signing up to Thames Valley Alert to keep up to date on issues in your area. Please visit www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk to find out more about this system which send you information from the Police on crimes in your area.

Rural crime: The team have continued to patrol farmland on The Ridgeway where several attempts of trespassing with dogs with the intention of poaching were successfully disrupted. The team continue to regularly engage with local landowners.

A male from Didcot has recently been given a Section 59 warning for riding his motorbike across the across the Ridgeway in an anti-social manner. Following the Section 59 Warning if the male uses this motorbike or any other vehicle in a similar manner in the next year we can now seize the vehicle.

Theft from vehicles

Over the last month we have seen an increase in theft from vehicles mainly targeting work vans for tools. We appreciate this can have a large detrimental impact on people as it affects their livelihoods. We are targeting our patrols around hotspot areas and utilising equipment such as ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) to deter or catch the persons involved. We recommend do not leave valuables in your vehicle and report any suspicious activity to the police or the car owner if you know them. If you require some crime prevention advice or visit from the neighbourhood team please use the contact details below.

Fraud

The neighbourhood team have attended numerous victims and attempted victims of fraud over the last month, these come in various different forms from telephone/internet scams, courier fraud and persons pretending to be police officers. The outcome can be very detrimental both financially and mentally to the victim. We have seen an increase in telephone banking fraud, telephone banking fraud is a scam which is becoming increasingly commonplace. The fraudsters do not actually scam their victims online, but use the telephone to do so. Here’s how it works:

You receive a call from somebody who claims to be from an organisation you trust, such as your bank or the police. They inform you that there is a safety or security problem associated with your bank account or payment cards, and you need to take some kind of immediate preventative action, which normally involves confirming your confidential login details. However, the person on the other end of the call is not your bank or card issuer, but a fraudster.

You may also be asked to give your cards to a courier sent by the ‘bank’ or ‘police’ to ensure that they have been stopped, or for evidence. This is known as ‘Courier Fraud’.

The risks

  • You provide your account details and answers to security questions to fraudsters
  • Your bank account is emptied and/or cards used to their limit
  • You could become a victim of identity theft because you have revealed confidential financial and personal information

How to avoid telephone banking fraud

  • A bank or payment card company will never ask you to transfer money out of your account to another that you do not recognise, so hang up immediately.
  • If you do think that the call may be authentic and you choose to call your bank or card issuer, call the number on your bank statement or other document from your bank – or on the back of your card, and NOT a number given to you by the caller or the one you were called from.
  • Never provide financial or personal details to a caller, but call back on a number you know to be.

If you have been a victim of telephone banking fraud

Report it to Action Fraud, the UK’s national fraud reporting centre by calling 0300 123 20 40 or by visitingwww.actionfraud.police.ukReport it to your relevant bank or payment card provider immediately. You will find out how to do so by looking on their websites

As always please do not hesitate to contact me should any issues arise.

Gary Kirby, PCSO C9455

Wantage and Grove Neighbourhood Police Team

Non emergency number: 101

gary.kirby@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk

 

 

LENGTHMAN’S REPORT – FEBRUARY 2019

Very little to report this month.

Due to the good weather we had for a couple of weeks the TFF play area has been very well used. Great to see!

I went on a chainsaw certification course for 2 days and passed so can now officially use a chainsaw in public areas.

Chris and I have had a meeting with the Blewshed people up at the Scout Hut and have agreed a designated area for them to adapt and use subject to certain conditions.

We now need to have a good clear out of obsolete ‘stuff’.

There was a sewer blockage in the system behind the Melland Room, which now seems to had been cleared.

The broken lamp on the Scout Hut has now been repaired.

David