Councillors present: Mr C Lakeland (chairman), Ms M Jacobs, Ms C Cameron, County Councillor Lilly.
Also present: Elaine de Ridder (Parish Clerk), 10 members of the public
- To receive apologies. District Councillor Shelley, Mrs J Gibson, Mrs L Inglis, Ms V Fox, Mr A Cooper.
- To sign the Minutes of the last Annual Parish Meeting held on Wednesday 21st May 2014 were signed as a true record
- To receive a report from the Police Liaison. The local PCSO had to retire due to ill health and although they hoped to send a representative to the meeting, no one from the Police could attend.
- To receive a report from the Parish Council Chairman, including the planning report. Parish Council chairman Chris Lakeland gave the chairman’s report. Ms Vanessa Fox submitted a planning report. See Annex 1 and Annex 2 in the “2015 APM Reports Annex” pdf.
- To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Plan working party. Dermot Mathias, chairman of the working party sent in a report prepared by Nick Chancellor. See Annex 3.
- To receive a report from the County Councillor. The County Councillor Lilly reported on the road proposed road improvements along the A417 including the Hagbourne Hill roundabout, as well as the Chilton slips to the A34 which will go ahead. He reported that the Harwell bypass has been given planning permission. Cllr Lilly pointed out that the County Council has increased legal responsibilities towards vulnerable children and the elderly, but at the same time they need to cut £220 million from their budget. Subsidised buses (like the Blewbury 94/95 buses) might be at risk.
- To receive a report from the District Councillor. No District Councillor present.
- To receive a report and/or accounts from the Parochial Charities
- United Charities of the Ancient Parish of Blewbury. Mrs Long gave a short report on behalf of the United Charities. See Annex 4.
- Charities of W M Malthus. The financial report has been received from the Charities of W M Malthus, and was available for inspection. (See Annex 4 and 5).
- To receive a report from Blewbury School. Ms Marion Mills, the Headteacher gave a report on behalf of the school. See Annex 6 for the full report.
- To receive a report from the Village Hall Management Committee. Mr Lakeland gave a report on behalf of the VHMC. See Annex 7 for the full report.
- To receive a report from the Village Hall redevelopment working party. Mr Steve White gave a short report on the village hall refurbishment. See Annex 8 for the full report.
- To receive a report from the Blewbury Village Community Interest Company. Mr Simon Barrett presented the BVCIC’s report. No accounts were submitted. The possibility to have a joint management structure for all facilities in the village will be explored in the future. Please see Annex 9 for the full report.
- To receive a report from Sustainable Blewbury. Mrs Jo Lakeland sent in a report on behalf of Sustainable Blewbuy’s report. The sudden death of Prof. Mike Edmunds was mentioned and Mrs Rendel added that Mike was irreplaceable as chairman and his passing has saddened everyone who worked with him. See Annex 10.
- To receive a report from the Village Transport Representative. Bob Cooper who has stepped down as Transport Representative, sent in a copy of his report, see Annex 11.
- Villagers’ Open Forum – To invite the public to raise any matters of interest. Mrs June Smith made representations about the state of the Cleve. All the water from the London Road is piped into the Cleve, which carries a lot of sediment with it. See Annex 12 for Mrs Smith’s submission. Mr Lakeland replied that there is very little a Parish Council can do apart from requiring the District Council to rigorously implement the rules about discharge.
Residents complained about overgrown hedges at the bottom of South Street.
Residents also complained about inconsiderate parking.
- Any Other Business – To raise matters which need to be reported but was too late for inclusion in the agenda
No other business was discussed.
The meeting closed at 20h40.