Minutes for April 2015

BLEWBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes

Of the Parish Council meeting of Blewbury Parish Council

held on Wednesday 8th April 2015 at 7.30 pm in the Vale Room

 

Councillors present: Mr C Lakeland (Chairman)(CL), Mr R Farrell (RF), Ms J Gibson (JG), Mr B Cooper (BC), Ms V Fox (VF), Mr M Shayler (MS), Mr M Blythe (MB), Mr G Reade, Mr B Morgan (BM).

Also present: Mrs Elaine de Ridder (clerk), Mr D Hollick (Lengthman), 2 members of the public

Matters resolved:

  1. Additional security measures for storage facilities at the Recreation Ground were agreed.
  2. The quote for mapping software for the cemetery from Pear Technologies was accepted.
  3. It was agreed to purchase a second-hand trailer and tow bar for use with the tractor
  4. It was agreed that a Definitive Map Modification Order (DMMO) relating to a regular walking route on the Churn Estate should be applied for.
  5. All payments were approved.

 

Actions arising from the meeting Target date
1.      Clerk to arrange meeting with lengthman As soon as possible
2.      JG to take photos of Coffin Way As soon as possible
3.      Clerk, CL and lengthman to investigate further security measures at the Recreation Ground As soon as possible
4.      Clerk to contact Radii re applying graffiti on the new skate ramp back boards By next meeting
5.      Clerk to contact the Vale about concerns that comments re the Chailey House application are not displayed on the Vale’s website As soon as possible
6.      Clerk to obtain cemetery software from Pear Technologies By next meeting
7.      MB to meet with Beeswax Farming. RF and MB to start the process to apply for a DMMO By next meeting
8.      Clerk to contact to British Legion re VE day beacons As soon as possible
Actions brought forward
1.      RF to meet with independent financial adviser re clerk’s pension As soon as possible
2.      Clerk to review new regulations with chairman By May meeting

 

  1. To receive apologies for absence. Apologies also from District Cllr Shelley.
  2. To record declarations of interest. RF declared an interest in item 15.3 (planning).
  3. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 11th March 2015. The minutes were accepted and signed as a true record.
  4. To receive the County Councillor’s report. No County Councillor present.
  5. To receive the District Councillor’s report. No District Councillor present.
  6. To receive the Lengthman’s report. It has been a busy month due to the recent break-in at the tractor store and old scout hut. The lengthman reported that he is trying to keep footpaths clear. The hedges at Tickers Folly Field looks great following the hedge laying but the clippings should be disposed of soon. New picnic benches have been installed at the Village Hall play area. Two more will go in at the Play Space. As the lengthman has been in post for almost 3 months, a short meeting will be needed with him. Action: Clerk to arrange meeting with lengthman. The lights at the Recreation Ground car park need to be fixed. The hedge along London Road at the side of the croquet club will need to be trimmed back. The clerk passed on a request from a resident, not to cut down the daffodils on the grass verge of the old Churchyard. This will ensure that the daffodils flower next year.
  7. Police liaison.
  • To receive the PCSO report if available. No PCSO present. This item will be closed until the next PCSO has been appointed. Item closed.
  • To receive a report from the Neighbourhood Action Group. No update received. Item closed.
  1. Open Forum.

The Parish Council was approached about the recent serious accident in the village hall. CL, who is also the chairman of the Village Hall Management Committee, gave assurances about the steps taken to minimise the risk in future. If the tables are stacked properly (side-on) the system should be safe. It was also mentioned that sometimes chairs are stacked too high also. Users and the committee will be made aware of the risks and how to mitigate them.

  1. Neighbourhood Plan (NP). A meeting was planned for the following Monday. A sub-committee will be responsible for writing up the plan.
  2. Matters arising.
    • 08/10/14 To receive an update on work to Coffin Way. The clerk is still awaiting a date from the contractor. The OCC has requested “before and after” photos. Action: JG to take photos of Coffin Way.
    • 12/11/14 To receive an update on the purchase of replacement bin for the Playclose. The concrete base is in and the bin will be installed in due course.
    • 11/02/14 To receive an update on the replacement of the picnic benches in the play area. Two benches have been installed at the Village Hall play area. The Tickers Folly benches will need concrete bases before they can be installed.
  3. Parish Council election 2015. To give an update on the election of new councillors. The clerk rang the Vale but they were unable to tell the clerk how many nominations they have received. The clerk believes the numbers would be sufficient for an election. Item closed.
  4. Village hall redevelopment
    • To receive an update on the progress of the working party and fundraising. The BIFFA bid has been turned down but the VHMC might be able to resubmit. The WREN funding bid was submitted but they are holding it back until the next round. More ideas about village fundraising are being considered. The planning application has not yet been submitted.
  5. Recreation Ground.
    • 12/11/14 To receive an update from the PC representative on the BVCIC. The CIC received a reminder to have the fire extinguishers checked. The Scout hut should be included in the check.  GA have done a very extensive check of the hot water and heating system.
    • 08/10/14 To receive an update on plant room maintenance and remedial works. GA Electrical failed to turn up for the last appointment but was going to rescheduled. There is a faulty sensor on the heating system. It was decided that if it works properly the underfloor heating would be sufficient without the air-heating unit which could be very noisy. It could be supplemented with an electric fire. A short checklist has been drawn up for the lengthman.
    • 12/11/14 To receive an update on equipment store repairs and work needed to make it secure. To agree further security measures at the Recreation Ground following the break-in. Extensive damage was done to the tractor store, Scout Hut and clubhouse during the recent break in. Only a few items have been taken. Thankfully the new acquired tractor was not stolen. Additional security measures with a budget of £4000 were agreed. Action: Clerk, CL and lengthman to investigate further security measures at the Recreation Ground. The reasons behind the de-activation of the alarm were discussed.
    • 08/04/15 To agree cost of maintenance of mowers. Two wheels on the Ferris mower need to be replaced. The cost would be £80 each, which was agreed. Item closed.
    • 08/10/14 To receive an update on skate ramp maintenance. The back boards were replaced and the result is a smart and new looking ramp. The issue of having the artistic graffiti done again was raised. The previous graffiti did not last and it looked untidy very quickly. The new shiny surface might not be suitable for this kind of paint work to be added again. Action: Clerk to contact Radii re applying graffiti on the new skate ramp back boards.
  6. Risk Management.
    • 12/11/14 To discuss the report of the annual inspection of play areas. Remedial action has been taken were possible. It was agreed as in previous years, not to remove any trees, put barriers on the swings or to remove the second seat of the double swing. Alterations to the border swing and the platform will be considered in due course. The drainage under the double swing will be improved and the tyres on the zip wire will be replaced by a new system. A working party will be needed. Item closed.
    • 11/03/15 To receive the BVGA risk assessment. The clerk has requested the risk assessment.
    • 11/03/15 To receive the Village Hall risk assessment. Following the recent accident, the new risk assessment will be considered at the upcoming VHMC meeting.
    • 11/03/15 To request Public & Employers liability certificates from grass cutting contractor. Received. Item closed.
  1. Planning & Housing.
    • 12/11/14 To receive an update on speculative approaches. CL requested and received a copy of the decision in the scoping application by Barton Wilmore. Another company approached the parish Council re a public meeting relating to development behind Cossicle Mead. The PC supplied them with the necessary information but made it clear that it should not be understood as support for the development.
    • 02/02/06 To receive the Planning Committee Report. See Annex A.
    • 08/11/12 To approve responses to Current applications.

P15/V0650/LB Hall Barn Close, Chapel Lane  Replace roof tiles on existing single storey rear extension

RF declared an interest. The PC has no objection.

P15/V0471/FUL Chailey House, Bessels Way  Erection of 30 dwellings comprising 6×2 bed homes 5×3 bed homes, 7×4 bed homes(open market housing), 9×2 bed homes, 2×3 bed homes, 1×4 bed homes (affordable housing), extension to existing access and provision of open space including ‘Leap’.

The PC objects to this application.

The Parish Council was concerned that there were no comments have appeared on the Vale’s website. Action: Clerk to contact the Vale about concerns that comments re the Chailey House application are not displayed on the Vale’s website.

P15/V0557/HH Whiteshoot Bungalow, Woodway Road.  Erect first floor extension and change fenestration to various elevations.

The PC has no objection.

  1. Finance & Administration
    • To receive an update on the setting up of the Clerk’s pension. Ongoing.
    • To receive an update on the Malthus Trust. No response was yet received from the Malthus Trust.
    • To check and review financial regulations. New financial regulations have been issued. Action brought forward: Clerk to review new regulations with chairman.
    • To consider the quote for cemetery database and mapping software. The cost of £775 for the software is more than anticipated. As an accurate map of the cemetery is a legal requirement, it was agreed to accept the quote. Action: Clerk to obtain cemetery software from Pear Technologies. Item closed.
    • To agree the purchase of a trailer. It was agreed to purchase a second-hand trailer and tow bar for use with the tractor for a total of £252. Item closed.
    • To approve payments to be made under ancillary powers and within budgeted amounts
Description Amount
E de Ridder (gross pay and expenses) £961.93
D Hollick (gross pay and expenses) £470.86
BT Payment Services Ltd (direct debit) £22.80
White Horse Horticulture £200.00
Radii Skatepark Repairs £1,950.00
OALC £314.00
Blewbury Croquet Club £11.15
Post Office Ltd (PAYE & NI) £305.72
PWLB £5,152.50
Royal Industrial Doors £2,100.00
Payments on behalf of the Neighbourhood Plan
·         Stratford –on-Avon District Council £902.40
 PAYMENT ADDED AFTER AGENDA WAS FINALISED
·         Lister Wilder £66.29
TOTAL  £12,457.65

All payments were approved.

  1. Village Hall Management Committee. The VHMC asked various regular users to send a representative to the meeting. Some of these representatives will also join the committee.
  2. To receive an update on any issues relating to Footways, Footpaths and rights of way. Following the recent complaints from walkers who were stopped by the new owners of Churn Farm (Beeswax farming), MB tried to set up a meeting with the manager but a date has yet to be agreed. It was agreed that RF and MB apply for a Definitive Map Modification Order (DMMO). Action: MB to meet with Beeswax Farming. RF and MB to start the process to apply for a DMMO.
  3. To receive an update on any issues relating to roads, road safety and public transport. It is believed that the new bus timetables have been agreed but it has not yet been circulated. A complaint has been received about the state of grass verges of Westbrook Street where contractors have done damage. The Parish Council will only bring this to Highways’ attention once the work has been completed.
  4. Correspondence
    • It tems requesting a reply & consultations
      • Emails re the Churn Estate footpath. The clerk is collating all complaints re this matter. See item 18.
    • Items for information that have been circulated
      • OALC update. Noted.
      • 70th Anniversary VE Day Beacons – 8 May 2015. Passed on to BVS. Action: Clerk to contact to British Legion.
    • Any other business. The chairman thanked all councillors for their service.
  5. To set the date of the next meeting

The next meeting will be held on 13th May in the Vale Room. The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on 20th May, also in the Vale Room.

Meeting closed 21h10

Annex A

Planning report for Parish Council  – April 2015

Planning Applications

For full details see the Vale website – http://bit.ly/u2FSqN
All planning applications, decisions and responses from the Parish Council, including those under consideration can be found on the Blewbury website which will be updated once a week.  The web address is – http://blewbury.co.uk/parish/planning/.

Responses from the Parish Council:

P15/V0319/HH – 34 Eastfields – Construction of two storey side and single storey rear extension .  BPC has no objection.
P15/V422/HH – Westbrook Farm, Westbrook Street –  Extensions and interior alterations, new car park. BPC has no objection.
P15/V0409/HH – 12 London Road – Two storey extension at front and rear – BPC has no objection.

P15/V0068/HH – 2 Downside, Westbrook Street – BPC has no objection but wished to state that the drawings were inaccurate.

P15/V0557/HH –Whiteshoot Bungalow – First floor extension and change of fenestration.  BPC has no objection.

P15/V0650/LB – Hall Barn Close.  Replace roof tiles on existing single storey rear extension.  BPC has no objection.

P15/V0471/FUL – Chailey House.  A development of 30 dwellings.  BPC Objects.  Although we think the design is somewhat improved, we hold firm to everything we have said before in regard to density, extra traffic, foul water drainage, insufficient infrastructure etc.  This new application also proposes an extra 12% in the number of bedrooms, putting yet more pressure on the Village’s infrastructure, drainage, roads and parking problems.  Two supporting documents were attached, which may be seen on the Vale’s website.

Decisions from the District Council:

P15/V0319/HH – 34 Eastfields – Construction of two storey side and single storey rear extension .  GRANTED.

 

Enquiries regarding planning in the Parish may be sent to blewburypc@gmail.com