Minutes April 2016

Minutes
Of the Meeting of the Parish Council
held in the Vale Room on Wednesday 13th April 2016 at 7.30 p.m

Councillors present: Mr C Lakeland (Chairman)(CL), Ms J Gibson (JG), Mr M Penington (MP), Ms M Jacobs (MJ), Ms V Fox (VF), Mrs L Inglis (LI), Mrs C Cameron (CC). Also present: Mrs Elaine de Ridder (clerk), David Hollick (Lengthman), County Councillor Lilly, District Councillor Waite, 2 members of the public.

Matters resolved:

  1. The following resolution was passed: The Parish Council notes the correspondence from the Need not Greed Coalition and its concerns that the Local Enterprise Partnership’s original “Strategic Economic Plan”(SEP) was not consulted upon nor debated in any full local authority meeting. The Council acknowledges the current SEP ‘refresh’ and the implications it may have for future growth in the area, and resolves to respond to the consultation.
  2. Patrick Clarke was appointed as internal auditor.
  3. It was agreed that an application should be made for funding for the family fun day
  4. All payments were approved.

 

Actions arising from the meeting Target date
1.      Clerk to discuss the state of the Savages footpath with the lengthman to investigate if there might be a solution By May meeting
2.      Clerk to speak to Highways about the 30 mph sign on Bessels Way As soon as possible
3.      Clerk to make enquiries about the local connection requirements for new residents at Cossicle Mead By May meeting
4.      CL to respond to the letter about the Cleve As soon as possible
5.      Clerk to contact Kingdom Signs re Recreation Ground sign. By May meeting
6.      Clerk to supply MP with the details of the contractors responsible for the design and installation of the plant room. As soon as possible
7.      Clerk to report safety concerns about the fence on Bessels Way to Highways As soon as possible
8.      MJ to take pictures of the Upperton hedge which appears to be planted on Highways so that it could be reported By May meeting
9.      Clerk to write to properties with overgrown hedges. CL and JG to look at path next to Tudor Cottage By May meeting
10.  Clerk to review new financial briefings By May meeting

 

  1. To receive apologies for absence. Apologies from District Councillor Shelley, County Councillor Lilly, Mr D Hollick (lengthman) and Mr M Shayler (MS).
  2. To record declarations of interest. CL declared an interest in planning.
  3. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 9th March 2016. The minutes were accepted and signed as a true record.
  4. To receive the County Councillor’s report. No County Councillor present.
  5. To receive the District Councillor’s report. No District Councillor present.
  6. To receive the Lengthman’s report. The lengthman’s report was circulated prior to the meeting. See Annex A. Action: Clerk to discuss the state of the Savages footpath with the lengthman to investigate if there might be a solution.
  7. Open Forum.

Members of the public came to express their concern about the high fence installed on Bessels Way. It was also mentioned that the 30 mph sign has been tampered with in order to erect the fence.  The Parish Council will be submitting a response to the planning application outlining the concerns about the height. Action: Clerk to speak to Highways about the 30 mph sign on Bessels Way.

It was also reported that new residents have moved in to Cossicle Mead and it was not clear if there was any local connection to Blewbury. Action: Clerk to make enquiries about the local connection requirements for new residents at Cossicle Mead.

MJ was asked to read a letter about the Cleve raising several matters including the high water level, the lifebelt which appeared on the 1st of April, inappropriate plants along the stream and the neighbouring planning application. Action: CL to respond to the letter about the Cleve.

  1. Blewbury Neighbourhood Development Plan (BNDP). To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Plan if available. It was reported that the BNDP was in the statutory consultation phase. Two responses have been received so far. Good responses have been received from the village.
  2. Matters arising
    • 13/01/15  To receive designs and quotes for Clubhouse and Melland Room signs. Despite several attempts to get an answer from Highways about ownership and permission to add to the sign, no answer has yet been forthcoming. Action: Clerk to contact Kingdom Signs re Recreation Ground sign.
  3. Village hall redevelopment
    • To receive an update on the progress of the working party and fundraising. The final floorplan of the refurbished hall has been agreed upon. The next step would be to produce a brochure to circulate to residents. It was mentioned that residents have been expressing willingness to contribute towards the cost of the project but as Gift Aid has not yet been arranged, it is not yet possible to make donations.
    • To confirm the appointment of a structural engineer. It was reported that West Waddy sought 3 quotes on behalf of the Parish Council for a structural engineer to oversee the refurbishment. Two quotes were received back and Gemma Design was appointed as offering the best value.
  4. Recreation Ground
    • 12/11/14 To receive an update from the PC representative on the BVCIC. Concerns were expressed about what appears to be faulty installations in the clubhouse. No controls exist to connect the heat pumps to the system. It has become clear that the immersion heater is used to heat the building and that the thermostat is also not connected. Action: Clerk to supply MP with the details of the contractors responsible for the design and installation of the plant room.
  5. Planning & Housing
    • 12/11/14 To receive an update on speculative approaches. It was reported that work has started on Chailey Gardens. The clerk has been in touch with Thames Water as the water and foul water drainage conditions have not yet been discharged. It was reported that the original scheme was approved but they would have to resubmit should they build towards the second approved application.
    • 02/02/06 To receive the planning committee report. See Annex B.
    • 13/04/16 The following resolution was passed: The Parish Council notes the correspondence from the Need not Greed Coalition and its concerns that the Local Enterprise Partnership’s original “Strategic Economic Plan”(SEP) was not consulted upon nor debated in any full local authority meeting.  The Council acknowledges the current SEP ‘refresh’ and the implications it may have for future growth in the area, and resolves to respond to the consultation.
    • 08/11/12 To approve responses to current applications

P16/V0650/FUL        The Blueberry, London Road.            Single storey infill extension to the rear and relocation of existing Pergola to the North. Blewbury PC has no objections.

Too late for inclusion on the agenda:

CL declared an interest in this item and left the meeting temporarily.

P16/V0834/HH Hill View Bessels Lea Road. Extension to side and rear. 2m close boarded fence on west boundary adjacent to road/footpath. Blewbury PC objects to the fence but not the extension. The detail of the objection would be agreed after the meeting. Action: Clerk to report safety concerns about the fence to Highways.

The new hedge and gravel in front of Upperton was briefly discussed. If there was clear evidence that the Highway was made narrower, it could be reported. Action: MJ to take pictures of the Upperton hedge which appears to be planted on Highways so that it could be reported.

  1. Finance & Administration
    • To appoint an internal auditor. Following the invitations to quote for internal audit services, Patrick Clarke was appointed.
    • To approve payments to be made under ancillary powers and within budgeted amounts

Description

Amount
E de Ridder (salary and expenses) £939.40
D Hollick (salary and expenses) £712.40
NEST (pension contribution) £53.45
BT Payment Services Ltd £23.98
Biffa Waste Services Ltd £47.52
Post Office Ltd (PAYE & NI) £405.72
OALC (training) £156.00
OALC (membership) £304.97
CFO (previously ORCC – membership) £70.00
White Horse Horticulture £200.00
PWLB £5,047.50
Payments relating to the Village Hall refurbishment  
West Waddy ADP £3,504.41
Gemma Design Ltd £360.00
TOTAL                          £11,825.35

All payments were approved.

 

  1. To receive an update on any issues relating to Footways, Footpaths, rights of way and open spaces. A date for the village clean up day, mainly to spread gravel, would be set prior to the Bulletin deadline. The Savages footpath was briefly discussed. A note will also be put in the Bulletin about overgrown hedges. Action: Clerk to write to properties with overgrown hedges. CL and JG to look at path next to Tudor Cottage.
    • To receive and record advice given by OALC re a letter to Beeswax. Following the drafting of a letter to Beeswax, the clerk sought advice from the OALC. The Parish Council was advised against pursuing anything that was not within the PC’s duties or remit. The duties quoted about the environment related specifically to the carrying out of Parish Council duties, not the public. Any concerns that residents have should be raised either directly with the landowner or with the Environment Agency.
  2. To receive an update on any issues relating to roads, road safety and public transport. Sustainable Blewbury’s survey about bus use in Blewbury was completed by residents. The bus company requested to see the results of the survey.
  3. Cemetery
    • 02/06/15 To review cemetery fees and regulations. The clerk compared the current fees to neighbouring villages and Didcot and it still compares favourably. No further action needed at present.
  4. Village Hall Management Committee. To receive an update from the VHMC. It was reported that Bruce Gibson has been appointed to be the new VHMC chairman.
  5. Risk Management
    • 09/09/15 To receive the report of the annual inspection. It was reported that the inspection went well and no serious matters were raised. The formal reported is awaited.
    • 09/03/16 To receive the BVGA risk assessment. The Clerk requested the BVGA risk assessment.
    • 09/03/16 To request Public & Employers liability certificates from grass cutting contractor. The clerk requested the Public & Employers liability certificates from grass cutting contractor
    • 13/04/16 To consider applying or a grant from the “Community Emergency Plans & Funding Assistance”.  It was agreed that the PC should apply for a grant to buy the village a generator.
  6. Correspondence
    • Items requesting a reply & consultations
      • Funding for the Queen’s birthday celebrations. It was agreed that an application should be made for funding for the family fun day.
    • Items for information that have been circulated
      • OALC update. Noted
      • OALC new financial briefings. Action: Clerk to review new financial briefings.
  1. Any other business.

Exceptionally to deal with business received too late for inclusion in agenda.

  1. To set the date of the next meeting. The Annual meeting of the Parish Council: 11th May 2016. The Annual Parish Meeting 18th May 2016.

 

Meeting closed 21h06

 

Annex A

Lengthman’s Report

March 2016

 

Footpaths

Generally, footpaths are in good condition. No grass cutting needed yet.

Damaged railings at The Cleeve and the north end of Chapel path have been repaired with additional railings installed at the south end of Cleeve path. ( next to the Parsons ).

Cemetery

Turfing has been done to a number of graves and seems to have taken well.

TFF, Car Park & TFF Play Area

We had our annual inspection on the play areas with John Clarke this month, which went very well. Only a few minor points were raised and he is impressed with our continued improvement.

Car Park still waiting for new surfacing when weather and time permits.

Recreation Ground.

No issues.

New sign for Melland Room and Clubhouse erected at entrance to Recreation Ground car park.

Village Hall KAP Area

No issues.

Storage Buildings

No issues.

Equipment

No issues. Ferris (the Beast) away being serviced by MS engineer.

 

Annex B

Planning report for Parish Council  – April 2016

Planning Applications

All Blewbury planning applications, decisions  and Parish Council responses, including items under consideration, can be found in the ‘Parish’ section of the Blewbury website
(http://blewbury.co.uk/parish/planning/), which is updated once a week. Links are also provided to the main Vale Planning site, where full details can be obtained.

 

Responses from the Parish Council:

P16/V0383/HH and P16/V0384/LB – Chapmans, Nottingham Fee.  Internal and external alterations and improvements.  BPC has no objection.

P16/V0511/HH and P16/V0513/LB – Church End Cottage, Church End.  Rear single storey extension and associated internal alterations.  BPC has no objection.

P16/V0189/FUL – Alden Farm.  Change of use for disused milking parlour to stables, repair and maintenance of existing flat, change of use for old barn to one-bed flats.  BPC has no objection.

P16/V0339/FUL – Dornie Lodge, Bessels Lea Road.  Demolition of existing boundary fence and erection of boundary wall.  BPC has no objection.

P16/V0650/FUL – The Blueberry, London Road.  Single storey infill extension to the rear and relocation of existing pergola to the north.  BPC has no objection.

 

Decisions from the District Council:

P16/V0107/HH – Penny Chase, Bessels Way – Single storey extension to annex.  GRANTED.

P16/V0189/FUL – Alden Farm.  Change of use for disused milking parlour to stables, repair and maintenance of existing flat, change of use for old barn to one-bed flats.  GRANTED.

Enquiries regarding planning in the parish may be sent to blewburypc@gmail.com