Minutes April 2017

Minutes

Of the Meeting of the Parish Council

held in the Vale Room on Wednesday 5th April 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

 

Councillors present: Mr C Lakeland (Chair), Mrs J Gibson (JG), Mr M Shayler (MS), Mrs L Inglis (LI), Mr M Penington (MP), Ms Miriam Jacobs (MJ), Mr David Lomas (DL). Also present: Mrs Elaine de Ridder (clerk), Mr David Hollick (Lengthman), County Councillor Lilly, District Councillor Shelley.

Matters resolved:

  1. It was agreed to engage Macfarlanes LLP on a pro bono basis. The PC agreed to proceed with the letter as suggested by the solicitor, the content of which will remain confidential.
  2. All payments were approved.

 

Actions arising from the meeting Target date
1.      Clerk to send Cllr Shelley details of the dead tree complaint As soon as possible
2.      Clerk to give details of the person who approached the PCabout the BMX track to the lengthman As soon as possible
3.      Lengthman to recommend what is needed for KAP refurbishment By next meeting
4.      Clerk to respond to the “deep cleanse” email and enquire whether ditches can be included As soon as possible
5.      CL to draft a response to the complaint about trees and pass information on As soon as possible

 

  1. To receive apologies for absence. Apologies from Mr Mark Blythe (MB), Mrs Charlotte Cameron (CC) and District Councillor Waite.
  2. To record declarations of interest. JG declared an interest in payments. DL declared an interest in the planning item.
  3. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 8th March 2017. The minutes were accepted and signed as a true record.
  4. To receive the County Councillor’s report. The County Councillor reported on the Waze App giving community based mapping and traffic information. Polling day for County Council is May 4th. Cllr Lilly expressed concern about the Big Healthcare consultation. It was reported that a stewardship fund would be available again in future. As Cllr Lilly was retiring, he was thanked for doing a good job and for going out of his way to help parishioners.
  5. To receive the District Councillor’s report. District Councillor Shelley reported on SODC’s Local Plan consultation. The proposal for the “Better Oxfordshire” unitary council has been submitted. She also reported on the rate relief scheme for small businesses. It was mentioned that planning enforcers are investigating a complaint about the siting of a house on Chailey Gardens. The recent exchanges or emails with Highways and the Vale about the dead tree near the cemetery were mentioned. Action: Clerk to send Cllr Shelley details of the dead tree complaint.
  6. To receive the Lengthman’s report. The report was circulated prior to the meeting. See Annex A.  It was reported that the bonfire has been cleared from TFF. It has not been possible to make contact with the people making alterations to the dirt track without permission and it is still unclear who is responsible. The lengthman will continue to go to the track over weekends in the hope to speak to those responsible. Action: Clerk to give details of the person who approached the PC to the lengthman.
  7. Open Forum.

Nothing discussed.   

  1. Matters arising
    • To report back on actions arising at previous meeting. All actions were taken.
  2. Village hall redevelopment
    • To receive an update on the progress of the working party and fundraising. Nothing to report.
    • To agree to engage Macfarlanes LLP on a pro bono basis to advise the Parish Council about possible steps against Knowles. To receive an opinion from Macfarlanes LLP and agree next steps.

It was agreed to engage Macfarlanes LLP on a pro bono basis. At their request, the details of the approach to Knowles are kept confidential. The PC agreed to proceed with the letter as suggested by the solicitor.

  1. Recreation Ground
    • To receive an update from the PC representative on the BVCIC. MP reported that the CIC directors are concerned about the refurbishment project when the Melland Room is under-used. Further concern was expressed about the future of the cricket club which was a major source of income. The CIC might not want to continue with running the Clubhouse but nothing has yet been received in writing.
  2. Planning & Housing
    • To receive the planning committee report. See Annex B for the planning report.
    • To approve responses to current applications:

P17/V0798/LB    Hall Barn Close, Chapel Lane. Strip wooden beams and doors to sitting room to remove existing stain and varnish.           Blewbury PC has no objections.

P17/V0677/HH    The Gables, Bessels Lea. Single storey rear extension. Blewbury PC has no objections.

P17/V0602/HH    11 Westbrook Green. The application proposes: a two storey side and first floor extension, and internal alterations.          Blewbury PC has no objections.

 

DL declared an interest in this item:

P17/V0629/HH    Mandalay, Westbrook Street  Extensions and alterations to existing dwelling to provide additional living accommodation and first floor bedrooms. Blewbury PC has no objections.

  1. Finance & Administration
    • To approve payments to be made under ancillary powers and within budgeted amounts

 

Description

Amount
E de Ridder (salary and expenses) £923.12
D Hollick (salary and expenses) £392.41
NEST (pension contribution) £55.44
BT Payment Services Ltd £27.00
Biffa Waste Services Ltd £35.76
Post Office Ltd (PAYE & NI) £534.01
Oxfordshire Association of Local Councils £308.92
Blewbury Hall Executive Management Committee (Post Office rent grant) £300.00
CFO (previously ORCC) £70.00
Wokingham Borough Council £26.04
West Garden Machinery £990.26
White Horse Horticulture £200.00
PWLB £4,942.50
       Payments relating to the Village Hall refurbishment  
West Waddy ADP £945.00
Vale of White Horse District Council £3,750.00
Mrs SJ Gibson £827.00
Downlands Villages Transport Group £300.00
TOTAL              £14,627.46

 

JG declared an interest as she paid for some items for the Village Hall kitchen online and were to be reimbursed.

All payments were approved.

  1. Risk Management
    • 05/01/17 To receive an update on annual inspection of play areas and repairs needed. To discuss recent changes to the BMX track. To agree a date for the KAP refurbishment. The report has not been received despite the clerk reminding Mr Clark. It was agreed that the lengthman will look at what was needed in order to make a recommendation if a working party was needed. Action: Lengthman to recommend what is needed for KAP refurbishment
  2. To receive an update on any issues relating to the Environment. It was reported that the surplus leaves from the Autumn clear up has been turned into compost. The facility generates energy for 480 houses while producing compost.
  3. To receive an update on any issues relating to Footways, Footpaths, rights of way and open spaces. The clerk received a response from Highways England about the A34 complaint. She also reported that a stretch between Abingdon and Didcot has been resurfaced. Correspondence has been received from the Vale’s waste team about a “deep cleanse” in Blewbury. The complaint about the state of the footway along Bessels Way will be passed on. Action: Clerk to respond to the “deep cleanse” email and enquire whether ditches can be included.
  4. To receive an update on any issues relating to roads, road safety and public transport
  5. Village Hall Management Committee. To receive an update from the VHMC. There was a meeting of the VHMC. Some locks had to be changed to comply with insurance requirements. The Vale Room has been cleaned and some plastering work has been done. The VHMC had to pay for a skip to get rid of surplus “stuff” left by the Toddler Group, old furniture, etc. Items have been donated to the pre-school.
  6. Correspondence
    • Items requesting a reply & consultations
      • Complaint about trees on Curtoys Lane. Advice has been sought from the Vale and information will be passed on to the resident. Action: CL to draft a response to the complaint about trees and pass information on.
      • Complaint about tree on Pilgrims Way. The clerk has responded that the tree is not on Parish land as it is next to a private road.
      • Complaint about trees obstructing view of Blewburton Hill. The Parish Council takes note of this complaint but does not feel there is anything that can be done about the matter. The flags are a matter of enforcement action by the Vale.
      • To agree Local Plan part 2 consultation response. CL drafted a response which has been approved.
    • Items for information that have been circulated
      • OALC update. Noted.
  1. Any other business. Exceptionally to deal with business received too late for inclusion in agenda.

Nothing discussed.

  1. To set the date of the next meeting. The annual meeting of the Parish Council is on 10th May 2017. The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on 17th May 2017.

 

Meeting closed 21h35

 

 

 

Annex A

Lengthman’s Report

March 2017

 

Footpaths

Some dead tree clearance done along FP24. All other paths have had their first cut and are in good order.

 

Cemetery

No issues

 

TFF & Car Park

No issues.  Bonfire from the hedge laying still to be burned.

 

Play Areas

The annual independent inspection has been done and we are waiting for the report.

We still need to decide what action to be taken about the matted areas.

KAP play area needs a paint job.

 

Recreation Ground

No issues

 

Buildings

No issues

 

Equipment

No issues

 

Annex B

 

Planning report for Parish Council  – May 2017

Planning Applications

All Blewbury planning applications, decisions and Parish Council responses, including items under consideration, can be found in the ‘Parish’ section of the Blewbury website
(http://blewbury.co.uk/parish/planning/), which is updated once a week. Links are also provided to the main Vale Planning site, where full details can be obtained.

 

Responses from the Parish Council:

 

P17/V0798/LB           Hall Barn Close Chapel Lane         

Strip wooden beams and doors to sitting room to remove existing stain and varnish.

Parish Council has no objections.

 

 

P17/V0677/HH           The Gables, Bessels Lea      

Single storey rear extension

Parish Council has no objections.

 

 

P17/V0885/FUL        Greenlea, Bessels Lea Road

Demolition of existing dwelling. Development of 2 new dwellings.

Parish Council has no objections

 

 

P17/V0535/FUL        Hunts Grave Farm, Woodway Road

Amendment to include contaminated land questionnaire

Parish Council has no objections to the amendment.

 

 

Enquiries regarding planning in the parish may be sent to blewburypc@gmail.com