Minutes October 2018

Minutes
Of the Meeting of the Parish Council
held in the Vale Room on Wednesday 10th October 2018 at 7.30 p.m.

Councillors present: Mr C Lakeland (Chair), Mrs J Gibson (JG), Mrs C Cameron (CC), Ms M Jacobs (MJ), Mrs L Inglis (LI), Mr D Lomas (DL), Mr M Blythe (MB), Mr M Penington (MP), Mr M Shayler (MS). Also present: Michelle Taylor (clerk), Mr David Hollick (Lengthman) and 1 member of the public.

Matters resolved:

  1. All payments were approved.
  2. Date confirmed for the gravel laying around the village-Saturday 13th October 2018.
  3. All agreed to hold payment to Hags until final inspection has been received.
  4. External Audit Approved.
  5. All agreed that Two black boxes are to be installed along both the B4016 and A417 to monitor speeding.
  6. Risk Assessment for maintenance equipment and operations now updated and complete.
  7. Mulch at TFF slide has now been repaired.
Actions arising from meeting Target date
1.      Cllr Lakeland to email Cllr Mike Fox-Davies thanking him ref: Speeding meeting. As soon as possible
2.      Cllr Blythe and lengthman to inspect trees along footpath 24 and report back. By next meeting
3.      Clerk to display external audit in notice boards and on website. As soon as possible
4.   Clerk to contact Hags ref cycle hoops and final inspection. As soon as possible
5.      Cllr Lakeland to write a letter to Tony Loy Trust thanking them ref: Goalmouth. As soon as possible
6.      Cllr Shayler to approach Mr Savage ref reinstating the access through the Savage’s footpath gate. By next meeting
5.      Cllr Lakeland to follow up clearing of the cricket club sight screens. As soon as possible
6.      Cllr Inglis to write an update on the Oxford Cambridge Express Way and report back. As soon as possible
7.      Cllr Lakeland to contact Cllr Mike Fox-Davies ref reductions in bus service 94 and possible funding. As soon as possible
8.      Cllr Lakeland and Clerk to review funds for black boxes along both main roads in Blewbury. As soon as possible
9.      Cllr Lakeland to contact Cllr Mike Fox-Davies and order two Black Boxes. As soon as possible
10.  Cllr Lakeland to email both Parishioners that attended the meeting to update them on steps going forward ref speeding issues. As soon as possible
11.  All councillors to send Cllr Inglis ideas for S106 monies ref speed calming measures. By next meeting
12.  Cllr Inglis to forward Clerk information to upload to website ref Oxford Cambridge Express Way. As soon as possible

 

  • To receive apologies for absence. Apologies County Councillor Mike Fox-Davies and District Councillors Reg Waite and Janet Shelley.
  • To record declarations of interest.  No declarations were made.
  • To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 12th September 2018. The minutes were accepted and signed as a true record.
  • To receive the County Councillor’s report. County Councillor’s report was circulated prior to the meeting. See Annex A. Action: Cllr Lakeland to email Cllr Mike Fox-Davies thanking him ref: Speeding meeting.
  • To receive the District Councillor’s report. District Councillor’s report was circulated prior to meeting. See Annex B.
  • To receive the Lengthman’s report. Report was circulated prior to meeting See Annex C. It was announced that the instruction signs for the trim trail have been delivered and installed. Issued were raised over the mound of soil left over from the goalmouth at TTF, which will to be spread and seeded. It was reported that there are two dead trees along footpath 24. Action: Cllr Blythe and lengthman to inspect trees along footpath 24 and report back.

 

  • Open Forum. Cllr Jacobs represented parishioners who were unable to attend the meeting. Concerns were raised over floodlighting which has been left on all night, shining into residents’ windows along Pilgrims Way. Issues were also raised over the hedge along London Road. Clerk confirmed it has been cut back, and is scheduled to be cut twice a year.
  • Matters arising

To report back on actions arising at previous meeting. All actions were taken.

  • Village hall redevelopment

9.1 To receive an update on the progress of the refurbishment. It was reported the committee has a meeting with Ridge and Company later this week to review the work that needs to be carried out-Ongoing.

  • Recreation Ground

10.1   To receive a progress report on recent developments concerning the future of the clubhouse and report on its operations. Report has been received from Mike and David and circulated to Parish council members. The CIC are meeting with Mike and David to discuss future working relationships between all parties. Awaiting report after their meeting on the 16th October 2018.

10.2    To receive an update on the sewage blower repairs. All complete.

  • Planning & Housing
    • To receive the planning committee report. See Annex D.

11.2 To approve responses to current applications:

 

P18/V2360/HH

Old Malthouse Close Chapel Lane Blewbury Didcot OX11 9PQ

Demolition of existing garage and erection of new detached garage. Erection of new two storey side extension, single storey rear extension and internal reconfigurations. Parish Council has no objection.

 

P18/V2328/HH

Downside Farm Woodway Road Blewbury Didcot OX11 9EX

Removal of existing roof and construction of first floor accommodation with new external walls and pitched roof. Parish Council has no objection.

 

 

  • Finance & Administration

12.1.    To receive any update on S106 contributions. Nothing to report.

12.2.    To confirm conclusion of audited annual return. All approved. Action: Clerk to display    external audit in notice boards and on website.

12.3.    To approve payment for Trim Trail. All agreed to hold payment until final inspection has been received. Action: Clerk to contact Hags ref cycle hoops and final inspection.

12.4.    To approve payments to be made under ancillary powers and within budgeted amounts. All approved.

 

PAYEE

Description / Power to spend Amount
M Taylor & D Hollick Clerk and Lengthman’s salary and expenses £1,110.70
NEST Clerk’s pension £49.97
Biffa Waste Services Ltd Waste services £83.22
BT Payment Services Ltd Clubhouse line rental and Wifi £28.08
Moore Stephens External Audit Annual Return Fees £360.00
White Horse Horticulture Grass cutting contract £220.00
Hags Trim Trail TFF £15,000.00
PWLB Loan Repayment £4,785.00
HMRC Revenues & Customs PAYE & NI for Lengthman and Clerk £971.91
Be Free Young Carers BFYC Grant from BPC £50.00
Blewbury Hall Executive Management Committee Post Office grant £300.00
Oxfordshire South & Vale Citizens Advice Charitable grant £150.00
 Sutcliffe Play South West Ltd Goalmouth TTF £4,800.00
Total   £27,908.88

 

  • Risk Management.
    • 05/01/17 To receive an update on TFF Play Space safety inspection.
    • 11/10/2017 To receive an update on the progress of our Emergency Plan and SSE communities funding for contingency items. Still awaiting reply-Ongoing
    • 14/03/18 GDPR – to receive an update on GDPR compliance to date. Clerk to attend training day 17th

13.4 13/06/18 To receive an update on the TFF BBQ area. Ongoing

13.5 13/06/18 To receive an update on the improvements to the Football goal at TFF. Complete. Action: Cllr Lakeland to write a letter to Tony Loy Trust thanking them ref: Goalmouth.

13.6 12/09/18 To receive an update on the completion of initial risk assessments for maintenance equipment and operations. Risk Assessment now updated and complete.

13.7 12/09/18 BVS Bonfire Night Risk Assessment –It was reported all documentation received by Clerk and filed.

13.8 12/09/18 To receive an update on the TTF Playpark slide/pipe damaged mulch repairs. It was announced the mulch has now been repaired-Complete.

 

  • To receive an update on any issues relating to the Environment.

14.1 12/09/18   To decide on a course of action for the Cleve. Ongoing.

14.2 12/09/18   To investigate the state of the wall adjoining the brick wall from Watery Lane to    Westbrook Street. Awaiting action by resident

 

  • To receive an update on any issues relating to Footways, Footpaths, rights of way and open spaces

15.1      09/05/18 To receive any update on communications relating to a cycle path. Nothing to report.

15.2     11/07/18 To receive an update on the gravel laying around the village. A date was confirmed for the gravel laying-Saturday 13th October 2018.

15.3     12/09/18 To agree a course of action relating to clearing the cricket club sight screens and netting next to the Melland Room. Action: Cllr Lakeland to follow up clearing of the cricket club sight screens.

 

  • To receive an update on the outdoor Gym Equipment.
    • 14/03/2018 To receive an update on the Gym Equipment at TFF. It was reported the gym equipment is completed, just awaiting delivery and installation of cycle hoops and final inspection report. (Item:12.3)

16.2   12/09/2018 To decide on a course of action for the BMX track. It was agreed to review a course of action for the BMX track again in the Spring.

 

  • To receive an update on any issues relating to roads, road safety and public transport.

17.1     08/11/17 To receive an update on the Oxford Cambridge expressway group. Email received and circulated to all Parish members. Action: Cllr Inglis to write an update on the Oxford Cambridge Express Way and report back.

17.2     13/12/17 To receive an update on Salt bins in and around the village, and discuss a bulk order if required prior to the winter period. Ongoing.

17.3     14/02/18 To receive an update on actions following communications from meeting relating to speeding on the B4016 and A417. All Councillors that attended the speeding meeting were thanked for their attendance and reports. It was reported S106 money is available for future projects, and it was agreed that two black boxes are to be installed along both the B4016 and A417 to monitor speeding, to establish the best course of action going forward. Action: Cllr Lakeland and Clerk to review funds for black boxes along both main roads in Blewbury.  Action: Cllr Lakeland to email both Parishioners that attended the meeting updating them on steps going forward ref speeding issues. Action: All councillors to send Cllr Inglis ideas for S106 monies ref speeding.

17.4     12/09/2018 To receive an update ref speed report from PCSO. Nothing further reported. Action: Cllr Lakeland to contact Cllr Mike Fox-Davies and order two Black Boxes.

  • Village Hall Management Committee. To receive an update from the VHMC. Nothing to report.
  • Asset of Community Value Renewals. To consider renewal of ACV for the Red Lion. Awaiting submission date.
  • Correspondence
    • Items requesting a reply & consultations

21.1.1 OALC Newsletter-Trees of Remembrance. Tree has been ordered, and arrangements made.

 

  • Items for information that have been circulated

21.2.1

  • Website Correspondence and Uploads on PC section. Action: Cllr Inglis to forward Clerk information to upload to website ref Oxford Cambridge Express Way.

 

  • Any other business. Exceptionally to deal with business received too late for inclusion in agenda. Nothing discussed.
  • To set the date of the next meeting of the PC. The next Parish Council meeting will be held on the 14th November in the Vale room.

                                                          Meeting closed 21:11 pm

Annex A:

 

REPORT TO BLEWBURY PARISH COUNCIL OCTOBER 2018

FROM CLLR MIKE FOX-DAVIES

 

GENERAL OCC REPORT

 

CABINET APPROVES £120M ROAD AND BUILDING REPAIR FUNDING PROPOSAL

 

OCC’s cabinet has agreed to borrow up to £120m to invest in infrastructure improvements – easing the spending squeeze on road and property repairs. A report presented to Cabinet in September acknowledged that under-investment has resulted in significant reduction in quality of major and minor roads, as well as pavements, with an increase in car damage and personal injury claims. Residents regularly say that they want to see improvements to the roads, and the investment proposal means the whole county would be benefit from a ‘growth dividend’. The decision means around £80m could be spent on highway improvements, with the rest of the £120m used to invest in other county council-owned assets especially schools. Detailed business cases will be produced for each proposed project funded from the investment pot. It will be paid for using Oxfordshire’s expected growth in homes and consequent council tax income and gives scope to ‘borrow to invest’ that will, over the long term, save money. As the borrowing will be taken over a number of years, based on individual business cases, the programme of investment can be stopped if the increased Council Tax revenue does not materialise.

 

CABINET APPROVES PROPOSAL TO MAKE THE COUNCIL ‘FIT FOR THE FUTURE’

 

OCC will get a complete overhaul to ensure it is ‘fit for the future’ and continues to meet rising demand for services. The changes are crucial to enabling the county council to deliver its vision of ‘thriving communities for everyone’. The Cabinet has accepted the business case for a new ‘operating model’ and will consider how it will be implemented at the October Cabinet meeting.

The transformation plan would protect and improve frontline services for residents, while cutting red tape and reducing the costs of ‘back office’ administration. The proposed redesign of the county council could save between £34m-58m a year and ensure a continued balanced budget, with the possibility of reinvesting in services in the future. The detailed business case for implementing the new operating model currently estimates a potential reduction of approximately 600-890 full time equivalent posts at the council over a two to three-year period. The council’s annual staff turnover is about 650 posts so the number of compulsory redundancies is likely to be much fewer. Customer service, supported by new technology, would be at the heart of the proposed new ‘operating model’ to make the council much more efficient. Residents contacting the council would see improved customer service with use of digital technology freeing up time for specialist staff to provide personalised services where needed.

 

IMPROVEMENTS FOR DELAYED TRANSFER OF CARE FROM HOSPITAL

 

The latest snapshot of delayed transfer of care figures on September 13 showed there were 79 delayed patients in Oxfordshire – a 31% fall on the same period last year. The previous week there 77 representing a sustained and significant fall from 2017 when the highest local recorded weekly figure was 202. Based on the latest NHS published data, Oxfordshire is the 11th most improved system in the country, with a reduction of 58% in the number of bed days lost – more than twice the national average of 25%. This turnaround is attributed to a revitalised joined-up approach between NHS teams and the County Council ensuring that patients leave hospital as soon as they are medically fit to do so.

 

RESPONSE TO ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE OXFORD-CAMBRIDGE EXPRESSWAY

 

OCC welcomes the announcement of a preferred Corridor for part of the Oxford-Cambridge Expressway as it offers a degree of clarity on where the final scheme would go, but is very disappointed that access to the M40 through Oxfordshire is still unclear. Highways England, who are leading on this national project, have identified Corridor B as their proposal, the central corridor from the three broad corridors being considered. However, there is still no indication on which of the sub-options around Oxford would be taken forward. OCC will now carefully study the Corridor put forward, including the justification and technical detail which has led to this choice, and how it would affect already stretched roads, such as the A34 and interface with other schemes including East West Rail. OCC has set three tests to assess the decision-making process for that corridor and, eventually, the final route choice:

  • Impact on the A34: it should provide relief to congestion on the A34 and function as a separate strategic route, allowing the A34 around Oxford to work better for local traffic
  • Pressure on existing roads: It should not increase pressure on overstretched roads
  • Conflation with other schemes: It should be developed separately but alongside other local schemes, to ensure the highway network works for Oxfordshire overall

Invariably, a project of this magnitude and ambition will have an impact, which OCC will need to ensure is mitigated. OCC will seek clarity on how the corridor choice is developed so that a decision can be made on the best route for the scheme

 

COUNCILS JOIN UP TO PRODUCE A SPATIAL PLAN FOR OXFORDSHIRE UP TO 2050

 

Oxfordshire’s councils are working jointly on a countywide strategic plan which integrates planning for growth and infrastructure, with a focus on quality of life and health and wellbeing. At the September meeting, Cabinet approved a scoping document for the creation of the joint strategic spatial plan (JSSP), which will be considered by the districts and city council in the coming weeks. The JSSP will address the strategic and cumulative implications of growth and set out a long-term framework covering the whole of Oxfordshire up to 2050. It will set out future housing requirements and identify strategic locations or broad areas for future growth. The JSSP will not allocate specific sites for development (any such decision to do this would require the explicit agreement of all the local authorities). Detailed local policies will be covered by future Local Plan reviews as necessary. OCC’s role as highways and education authority, and as a provider of many essential services to the communities and businesses, makes it particularly relevant as a key player in the JSSP preparation process. Sustainable transport that create places where people can walk and cycle will underpin the JSSP. The six Oxfordshire Councils and the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OXLEP) under the Oxfordshire Growth Board agreed the Oxfordshire Housing and Growth Deal with Government in March 2018. Under the terms of the Deal the local authorities have committed to producing the JSSP for submission to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination by 31 March 2020 and adoption by 31 March 2021. Early stakeholder engagement starts this Autumn and a public consultation is due in 2019 first on preferred options and then a proposed draft of the joint place.

 

 

Annex B:

 

Blewbury Parish Council

District Council Notes for Parish Councillors on

Wednesday, 10th October 2018

from Cllr Janet Shelley & Cllr Reg Waite

 

– o – o -o –

 

Apologies:

 

Both Councillors tender their apologies as they are committed to attend the Vale’s full Council meeting in Wantage.

 

– o – o -o –

 

Planning Enforcement Investigations:

VE18/573   Chailey Gardens, Blewbury                                           Reported: 24 September 2018                                                                           Alleged Breach: Failure to provide footpath links.  Breach of landscape conditions attached to P15/V047/FUL. P16/V2008/DIS and P16/V3067/NM.                  Case Officer: Heather Rowe                                                                                6 week target date: 5 November 2018                                                                   Site Visited: not yet                                                                                  Investigation

VE18/161   2 Pound Cottage, London Road, Blewbury OX11 9NY                                         Reported: 26 March 2018                                                                           Alleged Breach: Without planning permission the addition of a rear dormer (conservation area)                                                                                   Case Officer: Heather Rowe                                                                                6 week target date: 7 May2018                                                                   Site Visited: 26 April 2018                                                                          Case closed

– o – o -o –

 

Harwell Campus Supplementary Planning Document:

 

A draft SPD to allocate 1,000 homes at the Campus to provide housing to meet the specific needs of the Campus in the form of an Innovation Village will be formally consulted upon later in the year.

 

– o – o -o –

Oxford to Cambridge Expressway:

 

The Oxfordshire Growth Board has called for the government to provide more clarity on its proposals for the route of the Oxford to Cambridge Expressway in Oxfordshire.

 

The chair of the Growth Board, Cllr Jane Murphy (who is also Leader of South Oxfordshire District Council) has written to Chris Grayling MP, the Minister for Transport and the project’s director of Highways England explaining how the lack of certainty will affect work the board is doing to help plan for effective and sustainable growth that enhances the quality of life in Oxfordshire.

 

There’s more detail on this on the government website – please see the links below –

 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/route-announced-to-unlock-full-potential-of-englands-economic-heartland

 

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/oxford-to-cambridge-expressway-road-scheme-update

 

There’s more information on the corridor and express way on Highways England’s website:

Oxford to Cambridge expressway

 

– o – o -o –

 

Planning application for erection of Healthcare Site in Sir Frank Williams Drive, Harwell:

 

Planning application P18/V1826/RM was registered on 25th September 2018 but no consultation period will be announced until an officer has been appointed.  At this stage the target decision date is 25 December 2018.

 

This is a much needed proposed health centre in Great Western Park and the surrounding villages and we recommend you will respond with your comments when the consultation period is announced.

 

– o – o -o –

 

Householders Yellow Enquiry Form -Annual Canvass update:

 

In the coming days staff from South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Council will be visiting homes whose occupants have failed to update their details following requests via the ‘Household Enquiry’ letter.

 

All staff making the household visits will be carrying ID.

 

Residents can still avoid receiving a visit by updating their details immediately at www.householdresponse.com/southandvale   They will need the code on the yellow letter or reminder to do this.

 

By law, anyone who fails to respond could be fined up to £1,000.

 

The Vale and South have still to hear from 20,000 properties

 

– o – o -o –

 

 

 

Chairman’s Community Awards:

 

The deadline for making a nomination for this year’s community awards is upon us.

 

We can e-mail an application form to you.  We can nominate as many people or organisations as we wish.  The only criteria are that they must work for the benefit of the Vale and received no payment for their work.  However, a check must be made with the person or organisation we are nominating before we send their contact details.

 

– o – o -o –

 

Extra Garden Waste collection next week:

 

The Vale is giving those who are part of the paid-for service the opportunity to put out the equivalent of one extra bin’s worth of garden waste (around three large 80 litre bin bags) next week – for Harwell, Wednesday, 17th October.

 

Residents should leave their extra garden waste out in bin liners or sacks beside their brown bins.  Trade waste bags will not be accepted.

 

The garden waste is taken to a recycling plant in Oxfordshire where it is used to make compost, which goes to local farmers, allotment holders and an annual compost giveaway.  However, there are growing report that the waste is being contaminated with non-compostable items such as plant pots, plastic bags and bottles.

 

– o – o -o –

 

 

JS & RWW 9 October 2018

 

 

 

Annex C:

 

Lengthman’s Report

September 2018

 

Very little to report this month.

 

Some grass cutting and clearing up after the very strong winds but otherwise very quiet.

 

All footpaths are in quite good condition as it has been dry. Although most, especially the cemetery, need urgent spraying for weeds.

 

We are still waiting for the signs for the trim trail equipment but I am assured by Hags that they are being sent.!!

 

We should get delivery of the new shredder this month and will then start on the hedge cutting.

 

I have repaired the damaged mulch area at the pipe slide at TFF Play Area by cutting out a large area of mulch and installing matting. Hopefully this will last a bit longer.

 

All the equipment is in good order.

 

Regards

 

David

 

Annex D:

 

Planning report for Parish Council –October 2018

Planning Applications

All Blewbury planning applications, decisions and Parish Council responses, including items under consideration, can be found in the ‘Parish’ section of the Blewbury website
(http://blewbury.co.uk/parish/planning/), which is updated once a week. Links are also provided to the main Vale Planning site, where full details can be obtained.

 

 

Responses from the Parish Council:

 

P18/V2360/HH           Old Malthouse Close Chapel Lane Demolition of existing garage and erection of new detached garage. Erection of new two storey side extension, single storey rear extension and internal reconfigurations.         Parish Council has no objection.

 

P18/V2328/HH           Downside Farm Woodway Road     Removal of existing roof and construction of first floor accommodation with new external walls and pitched roof. Parish Council has no objection.                         

           

Decisions from the District Council:

 

P18/V2135/HH           Chimes, Bridus Way, Bessels Lea  

Alteration to oriel bay (on front elevation) to create ‘walk-in’ bay; alterations to fenestration of rear elevation. Granted.

 

P18/V1895/FUL        Blewburton Barns, Hagbourne Road, Aston Upthorpe   

Variation of condition 3- materials, 4- parking parking, 5- landscaping scheme application ref P17/V0552/FUL.

Proposed extension to north of existing workshop. Granted.

 

P18/V1542/HH           2 Pound Cottage London Road      

Proposed new rear dormer window and change of material/design for other windows- as an amendment to application P15/V1053/HH (2015). Granted.

 

 

Enquiries regarding planning in the parish may be sent to blewburypc@gmail.com