Green drinks: Monday, 4th June, 7.30 pm at The Blueberry
Everyone is welcome to come and discuss sustainability and environmental (green) issues (hence ‘green drinks’), local and further afield, with others of similar passion. No set agenda and very informal. Just turn up.
Blewbury Garden Market
Our ninth season is now running. We buy and sell fresh, local garden fruit and veg, flowers, bedding plants and seedlings, home-made bread, cakes and preserves, and (hopefully) local honey and eggs. Producers please bring items to sell from 9.15 am. For more info and sales forms see www.sustainable-blewbury.org.uk/food.htm.
25th Anniversary Celebration! Sunday, 30th September 2018 – please add to your diary
The exact format of the day has not yet been decided, but we want to delve into our past, so we would like to hear from you if you were involved in the Environment Group from 1993 until it evolved into Sustainable Blewbury in 2009. Do you have memories of Environment Group projects? And do you have any photographs you are willing to share with us? If so please contact Jo Lakeland at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 850490.
New officers for Sustainable Blewbury
At our AGM on 23rd April we elected a new chairman, Glen Meadows. After a long period without a secretary, Jane Kinniburgh has taken on this role. John Ogden continues as treasurer. Jo Lakeland and Eric Eisenhandler have stood down after three years as co-chairs but they remain as very active members of the Core Group, along with James Morgan and David Lomas. For details of who is co-ordinating our various projects, see the web page at:
FREE ITEMS TO A GOOD HOME
|Trampoline: approx. 12ft diameter. The protective net around the sides needs replacing||
· Mothercare folding high chair, with large and small trays, padded plastic seat cover and harness.
· Ultimate Isofix Concord baby car seat (0-18kg) (complete)
· New (boxed) Sunflex white fabric black-out roller blind 120cm wide, 169 cm drop. Can be cut to size
· Unused (open box but unfitted and complete) white fabric roller blind. 60cm wide 160cm drop. Can be cut to size
|Jill and Michael Allen email@example.com||07773 159752 or 01235 851870|
· Maxisteam 200w wallpaper stripper
· Black & Decker 12v Dustbuster (hand held vacuum)
· Zanussi 6kg Tumble Dryer (60cm x 60cm x 85cm high)
· Hotpoint Future FZA50 Larder style freezer (60 x 60 x 134cm high)
· Proline 92L capacity Fridge (50 x 50 x 83cm high)
|07813 211248 or 01235 850420|
|Brother DCP-J140W printer||
|2 black metal 2 seater benches (94cm wide)||Susan Tilbrook
|To freecycle your item please send a short description, email & phone number to Lydia Inglis (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
To find out more about Sustainable Blewbury, go to www.sustainable-blewbury.org.uk.
Getting involved is fun and can make a very positive contribution to village life and the local environment.
If you’d like to get involved in what we do, or to receive our free Newsletter, email us at
email@example.com or phone John Ogden at 01235 850372.