Hi everyone. 2nd February is Candlemas, celebrating the promise of Spring time. The flower associated with Candlemas is the beautiful snowdrop, and already several are peeping up in the Churchyard. Spring is not far away? All visitors are very welcome to join us for the forthcoming events.
- Wednesday, February 1st 2017 Lyn’s Walk. An urban walk to the North of Didcot, some on paths not trodden by WI before. If you haven’t yet walked on the other side of the tracks, prepare to be surprised. Catch the 94 Bus at 10.14am at The Blewbury. Bring your BUS PASS. We will leave Didcot Parkway at 10.30am. Return to Blewbury by either the 12.35 or 13.35pm Bus. We won’t go if there is heavy rain.
- Tuesday, February 7th 2017 Coffee at Style Acre. 30am.
- Tuesday, February 7th 2017 Scrabble at Lyn Page. 30pm.
- Friday, February 17th 2017 RAL Harwell Lecture. 1.30pm. The Flash Bang Science Show
- Wednesday, February 22nd 2017 WI Monthly Meeting at The Manor Barn ( please note the change of venue) Speaker Nick Channer — From Downton Abbey to Watership Down, how landscape has influenced music, literature, films and television. 30pm.
- Mah Jong sessions are held every Monday afternoon at 2.30pm.
For more details of any of our events, or if you wish to join us, please ring Karen on 850219 or visit our web page, htpp://blewburywi.wordpress.com where you will find more information. Love from Cilla.