Village Hall Refurbishment Overview
Great News at Last!
After seven years of hard work, the refurbishment of the village hall is finally underway. Our Project Manager is Ridge and Partners of Woodstock. Our builder is MD Group, who specialise in public sector refurbishments. They are based in Bristol and have an office in Abingdon. Their site manager is Kevin Campbell.
We couldn’t have got to this point without the support of the whole village, which has raised £150,000 through fundraising events and donations. Overall, including money from the Parish Council, half the funds have come from the village. This is a tremendous achievement. We are also grateful to a large number of outside organisations who are supporting the project.
We are completely refurbishing the hall within the existing footprint and to modern standards. The works are expected to take until 19 June and will include:
- New floors, ceilings and doors
- Replacing single glazed windows
- Re-wiring, new (LED) lights, heating and ventilation
- Insulating the Main Hall loft
- New and insulated flat roofs
- Refurbished kitchen
- Refurbished toilets, including accessible toilet
- Refurbished Doctor’s surgery
- Converting waiting room to more general-purpose room
- Relocating Vale room toilets to create new storage for Main Hall
- New decor internally and externally
A hall fit for the 21st Century of which we are all proud
The project will keep the hall at the heart of our community for another generation, making it more attractive, flexible, efficient and comfortable. We will have a hall to which we will be proud to invite our friends and guests and which will attract more users.