Blewbury Parish Council
The Parish Council is the first level of local government and the closest to the community it serves. Blewbury Parish Council serves the Parish of Blewbury in the Vale of White Horse District Council.
Apart from in August when there isn’t a meeting, members of the Parish Council meet once a month to discuss, report, monitor and, most importantly, make decisions on matters concerning the villages of Blewbury. Minutes are produced afterwards and published once approved at the next Parish Council Meeting. These meetings are usually held at 7.00 pm in the Melland Room at the Clubhouse on the second Wednesday of the month. Among councillors’ responsibilities are:
- Overseeing the maintenance and running of village assets including the Village Hall, Clubhouse, Recreation Ground and Tickers Folly Field
- Overseeing general upkeep of village surroundings
- Safety checks and upkeep of play areas
- Expressing views and recommendations on local Planning Applications
- Maintenance of the new cemetery